Tuesday, March 30, 2010
In the beginning the Maori people lived here first. The Europeans arrived later. They had some disagreements when having to live together. The treaty helped them to share and live happily. This is my animation that shows this story.
Tuitalau Room 16
This movie is about the Maori people when they came to New Zealand. It's about the Pakeha coming to New Zealand too. They argued about the country, they wanted the land. The Treaty helped them to live happily and peacefully.
Did you know before the signing of the Treaty there were some problems? The Maori people arrived to New Zealand first. Later the Pakeha came. They had problems sharing the land. There were fights between people. The Treaty of Waitangi was put in place to help these two groups of people share. It was to keep people safe too.
Watch my animation, it tells this story.
My animation shows how the Maori and European people arrived in New Zealand. It also shows how they argued about the land. They signed a treaty because it was going to help them live on the land together.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Yesterday morning we made our self portraits and here's how you can make one too.
You will need:
- photo of your face in black and white only
- A4 plain white cartridge paper
- sketching pencil
- Take a nice photo of yourself and print it out in black and white.
- Draw 3 diagonal lines across your photo - one across the top, one across the middle and one across the bottom.
- Cut along the lines to get 4 parts of your face.
- Glue the first, top part of your face on to the top part of another piece of paper.
- Get the second part of your face and line it up with the first part, but don't glue it on.
- Get the third part of your face. Line it up against the second part then glue it on. Now you will only have 2 pieces of paper glued onto the A4 cartridge paper.
- Draw the missing parts of your face. Draw the rest of your face, neck, hair, ears, mouth, nose, eyes and eyebrows.
- Shade the parts of your face that have dark spots. Do some smudging so it looks just your photo.